Financial Answer Center
- Retirement: A Lifestyle Choice
- Myths of Retirement Planning
- Retirement Sources of Income: The Three-Legged Stool
- The Case for Pre-Tax Savings
- Basic Retirement Guidelines
- Inflation: The Incredible Shrinking Monster
- Big Picture Preview
- Calculating Your Personal Retirement Assets
- Beyond the Basics: Bulletproofing Your Savings
- Saving More for Retirement
- Making Up the Shortfall
- Simple Tax-Advantaged Planning Strategies To Consider
Many of us will spend 20 years or more in retirement. That's about half the time of our working years. For some, retirement might be working less, but having more time to take advantage of outside hobbies and leisure activities... or start that new business venture. For many, it may mean moving to a different part of the country or traveling.
The choice is up to you. Proper planning will allow you to live the retirement lifestyle you desire. How you handle your personal and financial affairs today will determine what you can do tomorrow.
IMPORTANT NOTE: A good portion of your retirement income will come from what you've saved. If you're not a saver, you may be putting your financial future in jeopardy.